29th April 2016
For Immediate Release:
RETURN TO MANCHESTER CENTRAL JUST THE TICKET FOR BEER DRINKERS
Manchester Beer & Cider Festival confirms dates and venue for 2017
Manchester’s biggest celebration of beer & cider is set fair for 2017 and will be better than ever. Organisers the Campaign For Real Ale (CAMRA) have confirmed the event will return to Manchester Central from Thursday 19th to Saturday 21st January 2017.
The festival attracts visitors from all over the world to sample some of the very best beers and ciders from the UK’s booming brewing & cider making industries. The 2016 festival featured over 600 different beers & ciders with almost 15,000 beer lovers from nine different countries pouring through the doors of Manchester Central to sample them. Organisers expect even more to attend in 2017.
Festival Organiser Graham Donning said: “We are very pleased to be able to return to Manchester Central. The feedback we had from visitors was that it was the perfect venue for an event like ours, with so much space for customers. For 2017, we’ll be using about 30% more of the Central Hall so will be able to offer even more seating and more space to move around.
“We are only in early stages of planning, but we’re looking at serving over 70,000 pints. There will be some changes to the bar layouts to fit all the beer in. With an increased capacity, we’ll be open to the public for one day less which will allow us to serve the same number of people, but keep the beer in better condition.“
Organisers have also confirmed that advance tickets for the event will go on sale on 1st August via the festival website at www.mancbeerfest.uk
For further information, contact:
Via contact page
Notes to editors:
- The Manchester Beer & Cider Festival is organised by the Greater Manchester branches of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA).
- The festival opens at Manchester Central from 19th – 21st January 2017. Thursday and Friday hours are noon till 10.30pm. Saturday will be open noon till 7pm.
- Advance tickets for the festival go on sale from 1st August 2016. Over 5,000 advance tickets were sold for MBCF 2016.
- The 2016 festival was the first to be held at Manchester Central. It attracted 14,894 customers from 20th – 23rd January 2016, far exceeding organisers’ expectations.
- A press reception and trade only session will be held on the evening of Wednesday 18th January 2017. Accredited media can be added to the invitation list – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org