For immediate release:
1st FOR JANUARY SALES
Online tickets available for the biggest ever Manchester Beer & Cider Festival
Lovers of the brewers’ art are poised to snap up guaranteed admission to the North’s biggest celebration of beer & cider. Advance tickets for all days of the Manchester Beer and Cider Festival are on sale from 1st August through the festival’s website. Organised by the Greater Manchester branches of the Campaign For Real Ale (CAMRA), the event returns to Manchester Central from Thursday 19th to Saturday 21st January 2017.
The festival attracts visitors from all over the world to sample some of the very best beers and ciders from the UK’s booming brewing & cider making industries. Foreign beer fans will be well catered for with an excellent selection from Europe and further afield. The 2016 festival featured over 600 different beers & ciders with almost 15,000 beer lovers pouring through the doors of Manchester Central to sample them. Organisers expect ticket demand to be high for the 2017 event.
Plans are in hand to enhance festival-goers’ experience with a series of tutored tastings run by acknowledged beer experts. As well as a CAMRA membership stand, there will be stalls selling beer memorabilia, books and a selection of food to enjoy or take away.
Festival Organiser Graham Donning said “We’ve listened to feedback from the very successful 2016 event, with visitors telling us they liked the Manchester Central venue. We’ve taken around 30% more of the Central Hall, so will be able to offer even more seating and more space to move around.
“The increased space means we can offer an even wider selection of beers and ciders from Britain and further afield. To ensure we serve over 70,000 pints in tip top condition, we’ll be open to the public for one day less. We’ve also simplified the entry procedures with a single price each day that will minimise any queues inside and outside the venue. Of course, buying tickets in advance is the best way of ensuring drinkers get in quickly to sample what will be a stunning selection of ales.“
With so many visitors from outside the region attracted to the festival, purchasing advance tickets has increased steadily each year. Although a number of tickets were retained for sale on the door in 2016, organisers are reviewing whether the popular sessions – Friday and Saturday – will have to become all ticket. Their message is that drinkers should not delay.
Tickets for the event are on sale from 1st August via the festival website, www.mancbeerfest.uk
For further information, contact:
David Rigby via our contact page
Notes to editors:
1. The Manchester Beer & Cider Festival is organised by the Greater Manchester branches of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA).
2. The festival will be open to the public on Thursday 19th, Friday 20th and Saturday 21st January 2017. Detailed opening times; Thursday 12pm – 10.30pm; Friday 12pm – 10.30pm; Saturday 12pm – 7pm.
3. Advance tickets for the 2017 festival will go on sale from 9am on Monday 1st August 2016. They can be bought via mancbeerfest.uk, Eventbrite.co.uk and facebook.com/manchesterbeerfestival.
4. Entry prices now include £3 refundable glass hire and are from £7.
4. The 2016 festival attracted 14,804 customers to Manchester Central from 20th – 23rd January 2016.
5. A supporting sample photograph is attached. A large selection is available at https://mancbeerfest.uk/gallery/
6. There will be a trade/CAMRA members only preview evening between 5pm and 9pm on Wednesday 18th January. This will incorporate a press reception. Media organisations can be added to the invitation list by contacting email@example.com
7. Follow us for all the latest news: facebook.com/manchesterbeerfestival and @MancBeerFest.