Press enquiries should be directed to press (at) mancbeerfest.uk
To apply for press passes to the festival press & trade session on Wednesday 23rd January, click here
A press reception will be held at 3.30pm on Wednesday 23rd.
Latest press release:
Pandemic causes postponement of 2021 Manchester Beer and Cider Festival.
Drinkers who look forward to the North's largest celebration of beer and cider each January will be disappointed the Manchester Beer and Cider Festival has been postponed due to the coronavirus.
Volunteers from local branches of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) have reluctantly concluded it cannot go ahead as envisaged.
Organiser Andrew Rodbourne said:
"It remains uncertain when large scale gatherings will be able to resume. However, with the possibility that Manchester Nightingale Hospital will continue to occupy Manchester Central into 2021, we can confirm that Manchester Beer and Cider Festival will not take place at Manchester Central in January 2021."
The organising team hopes to put on a festival when safe to do so during 2021, subject to a suitable venue being available. This will obviously need to conform to government health regulations and guidance to protect customers and volunteers.
"At this stage, we therefore cannot confirm when or where a festival will be held, but further updates shall be announced as and when we can. "In the meantime, please continue to support your local pubs, clubs, breweries and cider makers - and above all, stay safe."
Press release archive:
- Festival ails
- Manchester Beer and Cider Festival partners with local brewers to help visitors learn more about their favourite drink
- Cider Rethought
- Brace Yourselves For The Big One
- Customers crown the best beer, cider and perry
- January is Manchester’s favourite
- Tryanuary It Is, Beer Must You Try
- Irish border no barrier to great beers
- Mini cooper revival at Manchester beer festival
- Crumbs! Beer expert really takes the biscuit!