Press enquiries should be directed to press (at) mancbeerfest.uk
To apply for press passes to the festival press & trade session on Wednesday 23rd January, click here
A press reception will be held at 3.30pm on Wednesday 23rd.
Latest press release:
New bar celebrates old craft
The wraps are off the newest bar at the North's biggest beer festi val. And alongside the mass of modern breweries and beer styles, traditionalists will be delighted that a wall of wooden casks will greet drinkers at Manchester Central in January.
For fifty years or so, breweries have increasingly moved to racking beer into metal casks and these dominate distribution. But there has been a recent surge in interest to return to using wooden barrels. Most of these are made of oak, and many have previously been used to store wine or spirits. But chestnut is also used and is popular with some American breweries.
Organisers of the Manchester Beer and Cider Festival are working with the Society for the Preservation of Beers from the Wood (SPBW) to bring the bar - simply named 'Beers from the Wood' - and a host of interesting beers from a wide variety of breweries both large & small are heading to the event - led by SPBW's current Champion Beer From The Wood 'Hickey The Rake' from Newcastle based Wylam Brewery.Read more....
Press release archive:
- Mini cooper revival at Manchester beer festival
- Crumbs! Beer expert really takes the biscuit!
- Move over Herbie, we’re parking the bus
- Build it and they will come
- Can you have too much choice?
- Strong line-up of special brews at festival
- Discrimination debate takes centre-stage at Manchester Beer Festival trade day
- Cider Outlook is Rosy
- Trio to teach tasty treats
- Unique contest to crown the best beer in Greater Manchester