Throughout the festival, Breast Cancer Care gave you the opportunity to participate in the Pink Quiz with the opportunity to win a daily cash prize.
The questions and answers for the quiz are below.
- Jesse Pinkman was a character in which TV series?
Answer: Breaking Bad
- What is the real name of the singer /songwriter known as Pink?
Answer: Alecia Beth Moore
- What kind of fruit is a Pink Lady?
- What did Allan Pinkerton do?
Answer: Detective or Spy
- In which South American country is the presidential palace known as the Pink House?
- Which newspaper, first published in London in 1888, is printed on pink paper?
Answer: Financial Times
- In which continent would you find a pink river dolphin?
Answer: South America
- What medical condition is also known as ‘pink eye’?
- Which city in India is known as the ‘Pink City’ due to its architecture?
- What birds are pink mainly due to their diet of shrimps and algae?
- In snooker, how many points is the pink ball worth?
- In which bike race would the overall leader wear a pink jersey?
Answer: Giro d’Italia
- Pink doesn’t feature in the Olympic ring colours – name the five colours that do?
Answer: Blue, Black, Red, Yellow and Green
- What film did Marilyn Monroe appear in wearing a famously shocking pink dress?
Answer: Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
- In the 1963 film ‘The Pink Panther’, what is the Pink Panther?
Answer: A diamond
- Who starred in the 1986 film ‘Pretty In Pink’ as Andie Walsh?
Answer: Molly Ringwald
- In what country are films that contain nudity referred to as ‘pink films’?
- ‘The Madonna of the Pinks’ is usually attributed to which Renaissance artist?
- Which famous Impressionist painted ‘Dancers In Pink’?
- Which famous UK artist painted a car pink on Brick Lane?
All of the answers are places within a 20 mile radius of Manchester Beer and Cider Festival.
|1.||Hurry back home||Rusholme|
|3.||Don’t drop ‘em||Oldham|
|5.||Out on a _______||Lymm|
|6.||A locked door has a||Bolton|
|7.||Dynasty family name||Carrington|
|10.||Shout a taxi||Hale|
|11.||Pigs classy home||Style|
|13.||Goon show character||Eccles|
|14.||Floral mount||Rose Hill|
|16.||Future monarchs place||Charlestown|
|17.||Warm Liverpool river||Heaton Mersey|
|19.||Finger indicate the way||Poynton|
|20.||_______ & seek||Hyde|
|22.||Inter a loaf||Bredbury|
|28.||Timber crossing river||Woodford|
|31.||Stiff candle centre||Ardwick|
|32.||Witches hill (20CWT)||Pendleton|
|35.||Richard ?? … Special agent||Barton|
|37.||Stroll into the lions lair||Walkden|
|38.||Sport in the meadow||Gamesley|
|39.||Golfer helper uses his||Cadishead|